Be a Supporter thru PATREON!

Monday, October 1, 2012

Got word this morning that I report for work tomorrow night at midnight, the harvest starts up again. It will be a cold one too. It is getting down to the mid/upper twenties for the next several nights. In fact, they are calling for precipitation for the next few days, on and off, and some of it could be in the form of that white lumpy stuff...so I guess winter is on the way.

I'll be here until probably the end of the first week of Nov, or into the second week, if we don't have many more shutdowns for weather. That will be the only thing that will slow this operation down for the duration.

When this job is done, I am planning on heading for Quartzsite, AZ for an extended stay there. I can get a BLM lands pass that will allow me to stay on the lands until April or May for $180, and they have available dump stations and water points, so I will be out in the middle of nowhere and have no overhead, can't beat that! There is also some sort of extremely large "show" that goes on there from the end of Jan through Feb, and the vendors apparently are always looking for help, so I am in the process of getting information on hiring routes for the show now.

And when I get there, I will probably be getting a pair of solar panels for use with the trailer. If all goes well, I will be totally self-contained in about 4 months and won't have any need of hookups, just have to be able to dump tank when full and get water for holding tank....almost there for being able to live anywhere I so choose!!!  :)

Ive been downtown in the little main street mall downloading magazines into my Zinio programs on my laptop and iPad so that I will have things to read while guarding the plant from the horrors of unwelcome folks...as if there will be any...and hopefully it will also help me to stay awake for the nights!  I'm already fairly well back in the sleeping during the day style of life!

No comments:

Post a Comment