Be a Supporter thru PATREON!

Friday, April 11, 2014

Run to KY to OH to OK....Stillwater tomorrow morning..OKC to MO/IA/MN also!

Another post that is just a little bit behind the curve in time!!!  LOL  But I'll finish it and the bring it up to date!  :-)

On the road again!  And back at home in Bertha. Had to get 2 new steer tires and had the alignment checked/done again. She is running like a new truck and handling much better.
I'll be at Ok State Univ in the morning unloading concrete forms that I have onboard. Can't make it there today due to traffic and construction....oh, the construction!....in every state. So will meander on down there over the evening, stopping in Joplin and fueling and get Bertha a bath there. Then find a spot close to Tulsa/Stillwater for the night, probably find a Home Depot for decent wifi or maybe a Staples.
  

























I ended up spending the night on a wide spot just past a highway intersection about 17 miles from my drop in Stillwater.  It was nice and quiet...so quiet that I slept right thru my 2 alarms and a call from Brad!  Ahhhh, peace!!!  LOL


Made it to my drop this morning. And a very typical job site...in a city....the concept of "room" to move a large vehicle around just does not exist!  LOL
 
As you can tell from the pic above, there just was not much space to get around. I came in from the east side and it was so tight to get in that I had to drive about 2 miles down the road to find a spot to turn around and come back to be able to get thru the gate.
Once in...well, you can see how little room there is to unload.




Then once I got settled in, had to wait for a skylift to get from the other side of the site to unload me. It was a lift that is able to reach up 3 or 4 stories...so it was a tight fit for the driver.

Now in the next pic you see a small blue dot in the middle rear of the lot....that is the lift taking the items from my truck to where they had to store them for now.  About 100 yards away....nice!!!
Then, once I was unloaded...I had to back out of the lot, two guys had to go out in the street and stop traffic so I could back up into the street across from the lot entrance to be able to get on the road.
There were a couple of cars that almost decided that they were not going to stop...until they realized that I was coming out of the lot and my trailer and I would win any fight over who was going to have control of that little piece of asphalt!!  LOL  Then on top of that, there was a university cop sitting in the street that I was backing into that just sat there and watched as we did battle with the morning traffic to get me out. He did back up a little as I started down the street in reverse at a gaining speed attitude towards him!

I have made it to OKC, OK to load and head out. Made it here by lunch time to get another load of plastic conduit. Have drops in...Springfield, MO...Fort Dodge, IA....Minneapolis and Duluth, MN. I haven't taken any pics of this load yet, I'll add them later.

I can't deliver in Springfield until Monday morning at 7am, so I have another weekend to sit and relax....oh, joy!!  But that is the way it goes.

I did find 2 of the drawers for my truck storage that I had been looking for, so it is getting better each day as far as storage in here goes. I think tomorrow I'll be trying to get my work and backup lights on the truck and wired in.  And I might just try to get my tv antenna mounted too!!!  :-D




No comments:

Post a Comment