Be a Supporter thru PATREON!

Friday, May 17, 2019

In The Metro!

Made it a little over halfway on the first day! Made it to this roadside picnic table spot just after sunset. Actually ran longer than planned because 2 of the spots I was shooting for were shutdown. But it worked out ok. This one was in the middle of pasture land, had good breeze all night, cooled down nicely and was relatively quiet! 
 
I arrived at the kids place at 1830 last night. I decided to run from Waco to here on I-35 & I-35W. That was almost a mistake! The traffic wasn't any worse than usual. Actually, it was lighter than I expected. But it was HOT! Every time a pack of cars & trucks would catch up with me and pass me it was a lesson in how much air flow is restricted, even at 65-75mph, as vehicles travel down a road! Even at that speed I & Europa would start heating up! 

I think Europa did better than I did! By the time I got here & parked I was completely drained. By the time I got thru the heat, the stress of dealing with the other "drivers" (I use that term loosely), I was exhausted!

I was shocked at how quickly I was able to unhook Sidekick, get Europa backed in and then Sidekick! It was all done & settled in under 20 minutes! I do believe that was a record!!

So I'm off the road for 21-28 days. Today I re-hydrate, relax some, start the unload (also called the purge) of stuff in Sidekick and prepare to get onto Europa's issues. If all goes well she will be road ready in 3 weeks.

So hang in there with us as we make repairs, updates & upgrades to our mobile tiny house!! 

C'ya soon!
Frog, Abbie & Snickers

 

No comments:

Post a Comment