Be a Supporter thru PATREON!

Monday, April 29, 2019

95 Miles To Go

   
Got tires rotated, had to replace two, but all is good on Europa now! Had to spend extra nite in Gadsden, but feel much more secure with tires! 
 
 Last Gadsden nite was on the side of the Coosa River, right in town. Was great!

From Gadsden went to Pell City. Spent two nites visiting g'kids & kids. Was a good visit! I was also waiting a large storm line coming across right on my travel path! The worst went south of us, but I don't do rain! So an extra nite to visit.
 Made it to the Welcome Cntr in LA on I-59. Very pretty stop. Well kept, Spanish moss in the trees, fairly quiet!

 Stopped at Tx Welcome Cntr...really well done center. Lots of info, gorgeous view of the local "woods" (swamps?) & the staff were great.
 I really did like the entrance display!  Really nice looking, especially for first time visitors.
 Saturday nite was in the rest area about 40 miles east of Beaumont.  Picked up a nail in one of the new tires!  Grrrr! Sunday morning i was so proud of my little tire compressor!  Took the tire from rim on ground & 4 lbs air to 84 lbs air & ready to roll to Firestone in Houston.
 The compressor did the job, but was hard on my batts! Still trying to get them back to a decent charge after 2 days! But at least I know now that it can be done!
I was parked behind Firestone, had quite a bit of sun...but the batts were/are still so low that it's  hard to get them back up to where they need to be!
 Was good to have a spot to park out of the way!  Because the locals were wearing out the Chase Bank ATMs next to me!!!  LOL!
 Something else I noticed...Nature does her best to cover up & conceal with some of her best colors the ugly that humans tend to leave laying around wherever they go!
 I spent last nite in the Victoria Safety Rest Area. Nice & clean as you get used to with Tx rest areas.  Slept really well! 7hrs & didn't wake up once!!
I'm charging up my batts & cooling the fridge back down right now. Will be headed out on the last leg of this trip in just a little while.

 I hope to see you out here on the road one day...even if it is just a get-a-way short trip to get yourself back to Nature & into the woods!!

Take care & be safe!

C'ya,
Frog, Abbie & Snickers



No comments:

Post a Comment