Be a Supporter thru PATREON!

Saturday, October 13, 2018

NRH for a few weeks!


All set-up and ready for COOL weather!! Gorgeous sunny days here in North Central Texas! Of course, my umbrella is up so that it could dry out from the previous couple of days of rain!  LOL! But I'm here & set-up for maintenance on Sidekick & Europa!
 
But...Hurricane Sergio from the Pacific is letting us know that we have not escaped the storms!  It started at about 0845 this morning and has not stopped! When I took the pic of the rain gauge you can see how much we had gotten by 1225...that was 37 minutes ago...it is now up to 2.20 inches! We've hit a calm spot in the weather for now. But the weather man is calling for rain on & off thru tomorrow night! And we are in the band that has the potential of receiving 2"-4"....and from the looks of it, we might even get close to 5" is it keep coming in waves like it has today!

Now the crazy part...Hi today is supposed to be 68f....Hi tomorrow is supposed to be low 80's. Then Monday thru Wednesday the high is supposed to be upper 40's to mid 50's!  Welcome to Texas fall & winter!  🐸

 I'll be in Alabama next week for a few days and then back to TX to try to get all the maintenance done on Europa & Sidekick that I'm wanting to accomplish before November travel is upon me!

 But I must say, I got away from Diamond Rock & Alpine just in the nick of time...
Above is my campsite at Diamond just a week after I had left!
 (Thanks to Meleesa for these two shots)
And this is on "top" on the way into Alpine, one of the mountain meadows!! I say that I "don't do" triple digit temperatures any longer...I also don't do that "white lumpy stuff" either!!  

Keep in touch...I'll be back on the road before too long and finding places that you need to see!

And now for a "shameless plug"...I finally got my little book published on Amazon, check it out....


And I'm starting work on "travel pamphlets" that will take you to spots that I have found that are easy on the budget & in the woods or on the back roads & have some neat history about them!

Drive Safe & Hope To See You Out Here!!

Frog
πŸΈπŸšπŸŒƒπŸŒ„πŸ•
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment