Be a Supporter thru PATREON!

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Christmas 2014

It is Chritmas Eve in the year 2014!  Which means the New Year of 2015 is right around the corner!  And I wonder what it will have in store for all of us?!?!?  2014 was interesting....but more on that later....now, back to Christmas Eve in San Antonio, Tx.

I would also like to announce the arrival of my 6th grandchild!!!!  Olivia Bozeman arrived on 12/22/2014, coming into this world at 8 lbs 1 oz, 20 inches!  Congrats to Tabitha and Jason!  If my other 3 start having kids I'm just going to have to retire because it will be a fulltime job just trying to travel around to see them all!!

And I had a package arrive from my company on Monday.....it was a 9 pound smoked turkey from Greenburg BBQ in Tyler, TX.   And WOW!!!!, is that a good turkey! It is better than any that I have ever had!!!

It's a half day of work for the crews that are here on site. Most everybody should be gone and it should be quiet here by 2pm. A day and a half of peace and quiet!  But come Friday morning, it will be work as usual.

In the past 3 days I have succeeded in having the old frig removed from Bertha. The guys actually had to take a sawz-all to it to get it out the door.  And that is how we found out that the coolant that was used in the old frig's was amonia!!!!  I can still smell it!!  But it is out and gone in the dumpster.  And YEA for Christmas sales....Lowe's had a 4.5 cu ft Frigidaire frig....it was 25% off!  So, you guessed it, Bertha got a new frig for her Christmas present!!

Tomorrow I will be headed to Round Rock for the day to visit with the folks. It should be a nice relaxed day. I'll have pics up tomorrow night or Friday.

If the weekend stays fairly nice I'm going to try to finish the H2O system in Bertha. Friday I'm going to get the connectors and hose to fix the gap in the feed line from the pump. I hope that it will be a quick fix.  Haven't pulled the water heater out yet, so will have to hit it with water to see if it leaks. If it does leak, then it will be a few days before I can get the system up....will have to remove the tank for now and bypass it.  Could be interesting!!

Also have to do a semi-permanent fix to the counter top by the door as you come in.  The corner of it is slowly disappearing....old age, old glued sawdust and just daily traffic is inflicting terminal injury to it. So I have a piece of that birch 1/4 inch plywood left that I think is large enough to get it taken care of.

So that catches me up for the week.  Looking forward to what 2015 brings!

Until later, MERRY CHRISTMAS to All!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment