Be a Supporter thru PATREON!

Monday, November 11, 2013

Hay to Longmont, CO

Made it to Longmont, CO in one piece...nothing exciting....except for the fog last night....got pretty thick late.  but all 465 bales got to their new home.
 He had a neat little attachment to the tractor that allowed him to pick up about 16 or 20 bales at a time.


 
He had his son, 2 grandsons, friend of grandson, neighbor friend and friend of son there to do the loading....I could watch good men work all day!!

Ended up with a full load, nose to tail, side rail to side rail...and he wanted to add another row, but that would have put my height at about 14' 2"...to tall to be legal.

The drive over was just another drive...but the stable where I delivered to...oh what a view!!

It sets at the top of what they call Lookout Ridge...thus the farm name..Lookout Ridge Farm.  :)  There were 3 young Mexican guys there to do the unloading...so that took about 2 hours...


but gave me time to look around and take a few pics...and visit with some really good looking horses!


I'm now parked about a mile from the farm, in the valley, on the side of the road, right past a main road, for the night!  Fairly quiet, level, just finished listening to the football game for the night, catching up on this blog and my paperwork for last few loads, having my evening coffee (lost count of cups...heheheh), and looking forward to rolling again tomorrow. Hopefully! There just aren't many decent loads coming out of the Denver area, especially non-tarp (I make Erin's life difficult!).

So sleep well everyone, enjoy each day that you have, and I'll be navigating on towards retirement a little more tomorrow!!  :)

1,010 days to go!!


No comments:

Post a Comment