Be a Supporter thru PATREON!

Thursday, March 21, 2019

2019 Adventure Begins

I finally found the PERFECT chiminea for my travels! 

My 2019 Adventure has started! Haven't gotten far yet...but I'm back on the road! 


And it really feels great!  

Still in TX, in a few days will head east to AL, then headed to Corpus Christi TX for a few weeks on the beach!  I haven't done the beach in over 35 years, so will try the "beach bum" thing for a few weeks! 

From there....really don't know yet! LOL πŸ˜† I will be making my way back West, just don't know what route I'll run.  I plan on seeing the Hoover Dam, Gen.Sherman Tree, Great Basin, maybe into the Black Hills & The Bad Lands.  Also want to spend a few days in 
Swedesburg, IA. But it just all depends on the weather, the monies & .... what I want to see!! 

Just a quick catch-up....spent quite a while in AL & TX this past winter. Did repairs to Europa & Sidekick. Finished "purging" a bunch of stuff & re-packing Europa! I also added one more battery to my auxiliary system. Over the next few weeks will be adding one more battery (that'll be 5 total aux batts) & 1 more solar panel to the roof of Europa (that'll be 400 watts of power). 

As of this past Monday I'm 100% off-grid when it comes to power! πŸ‘πŸ»πŸΈπŸ˜ŽπŸš™  Basically been testing my capabilities the past few months & I'm quite pleased as of now. With almost 50 gallons fresh water, 3 cases bottled water, 35 & 32 gal black water & gray water tanks (respectively), I'm able to go 3½-4 weeks between dumps.  

Besides the chiminea, I was also able to get a fridge that is 4.7c.f.!! No freezer, which I don't need,  but it is big enough to hold fresh fruit, veggies, drinks, etc....and only uses 0.9 amps of power! So it doesn't drag my batts down! 🐸  I can go 3+ days of overcast and batts hold! 









It is amazing how something so "small" as a fridge can make life so much more pleasant! 
Speaking of purging.......



















I don't think Europa has had this much space available or been this clean  since just a few days after I brought her home! LOL πŸ˜†

That about brings me up to current with my travels this past few months...and kicks off the next several months...or the next year or so....of travels to come!


Stay tuned for what all is in-store for us to see & explore!! 

C'ya! 🐸
Frog, Abbie & Snickers
🐸       🐢           🐱







No comments:

Post a Comment