Be a Supporter thru PATREON!

Monday, August 28, 2017

Ten Tips to Surviving Life in an RV

This little short video is done in a way that makes a very good point. For those that ask/tell me that they would love to live my lifestyle, these 10 "points" are essential! I pretty well live by them. Except it is just me, so don't have much of a "personal space" issue. And the limiting what you have with you in the RV is an essential point! 



As for the miles driven each day...I'm in a slightly different category. I'm a "full-timer", so miles driven each day depends on what I find and see. I had some campers at Sunny Gulch last year that told me they were "2X2X2'ers"!  LOL!  200 miles, parked by 2pm, stay 2 days!  I love that! But, I'm more of a "1.5X2X2+'er"!  150 or less miles, always parked before 2pm & I try to spend 3+ days somewhere!!  But for me this is a way of living. If you are taking trips and vacations, it won't work very well for you!

That being said, I'm still in Alabama. I've almost gotten Europa back in "roading" condition. Have purged more stuff (and loaded in more stuff - temporarily ). But the top-end motor rebuild seems to have been a good one. Have gotten most of my "fix-it" list completed for Europa. Have repacked and rearranged things in the house so that everything has a place (actually still working some of that out) & have gotten into the habit again of putting things back when I get them out and I'm done with them.

And, yesterday, while cleaning/packing a storage pocket, I saw a "hose"...pulled it out and n the end of it was a valve stem cap...I thought..."Really!"...it goes to the suspension airbag on the passenger side of Europa! So...all this time that I thought I was airing up both airbags at one time (which is what I was told)...I had been airing up the driver's side airbag...I bet I have much better handling now!!!!  It is a learning experience having a motorhome without an Owner's Manual!!!  LOL!

Abbie has her two spots that she has pretty well gotten into the habit of getting into so that I will stop stepping on her!! She has the habit of being under my feet, just as close to me as she can get. Well, she is slowly outgrowing that! She has a spot on the sofa and the bed that she settles into where she knows that I won't be trying to step over her. Makes us both happy!!


Snickers...well, she just finds spots that are VERY out of the way...under the sofa, front dash when I'm parked, driver's floorboard when parked...wherever she feels like she can see things and escape quickly to another area when necessary!  LOL!

As for "my" space...well, it is limited for the next few months. I have a couple of projects that are taking up some of my space...such as part of the bed...and the passenger floorboard...in other words...my space is crunched for a while. Even poor little Sidekick is packed to the hilt!!  

But I can now honestly say that I have started this next chapter in my life...full time on the road and shooting video and pics of the backroads of the US!!!

I've been outside working on Europa, and decided to take a break and finish this update. Looking like tomorrow will be my day to go to Pell City.

Make sure you keep up with us...we are about to start our travels in earnest!!

C'ya later!!πŸΈπŸ‘⛺🚌




No comments:

Post a Comment