Be a Supporter thru PATREON!

Friday, August 18, 2017

Getting Europa ready for the road

 I've been parked in AL all week, with a "To Do" list for Europa that I wanted to get done before we got back on the road for the rest of the year. And I only have about two or three things left to get done!
 On of the main things that HAD to be done was to reseal the roof. Had been doing "research" on the different types of roof paints, and believe me, there are a whole passel of different paints and sealers available out there! But I needed for it to be "elastomeric"...in another words, it has to stay flexible and I needed it to insulate somewhat. Well, settled on a certain brand, and so far I think it is going to do the job!
 You can tell from these first pics that the roof was in dire need of being painted. And I had just a couple of very tiny leaks...so whatever I used need to be able to seal the roof also. 

 I ended up with getting a paint that I am real happy with as of now...time will be the real test for it! But it went on very easily, covered real well & man, is it "cool". The rear part of the roof is in the sun from sunrise to about 2pm each day. Before getting the "first" coat on you could not put your hand on the roof for more than a couple of seconds. The first coat was probably much thicker than they say to do, but I was actually able to get a lighter second coat on with the roller, so it is much more uniform in coverage and color. And now you can put your hand on it and it actually feels cool!  
And I can already tell a difference inside! it is at least 4-6 degrees cooler in here, so it looks like it is going to do what I had been hoping for! Which is going to make warm weather travel much better!!

Also done this week...timing on the engine set, all new belts, the headlight switch replaced, think we got any vacuum leaks, aux batt issue taken care of (one of my batteries had gone bad, so one new battery)-left every light on last night for over 6 hours and the water pump, and still had strong 12v power.

And I still have two doors and one vent that I'm going to seal up with some styrofoam insulation and that will also help keep the cool/warm in Europa as we travel. Right now they are open to the outside to the point that I can see daylight when I open some of my storage doors...that will be fixed this afternoon and tomorrow!!

So the next two days is for getting stuff put back up in Europa to be ready to roll. Still purging some stuff, it's amazing just how much crap you accrue even with you live in a "very tiny" tiny house on wheels!!  LOL! But I keep purging and clearing out stuff. Getting closer to done each day!!

Be sure to keep up with us (Me, Abbie & Snickers) as we are finally getting ready to really start our travels!! Between now and Nov 15th we are going to be covering close to 3,000 miles! 


My two little companions are good travelers, they settle in pretty quickly and almost act like they enjoy the ride!

And don't forget to check out my FB page "America, you need to see it" and my YouTube channel of the same name. I hope to be getting short videos of our travels up load soon and on a weekly basis.

Take Care and C'ya out here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment