Be a Supporter thru PATREON!

Friday, June 5, 2015

And The Monsoon Continues!

(I just realized that I had not published this from my phone! LOL)

I've now been in ID for almost 3 weeks and so far have had 2, count'em, TWO complete days of sunshine!  LOL!  I was awakened to the glorious sound of really good thunder about 5:15am today! And it has been raining, thundering and pouring for the better part of the day! But there is nothing like being in the middle of a forest/wilderness area and sitting listening to a storm like the ones we have had passing over today! It is grand!

Just met the owner of the company, Wade..he's here putting signs on my board. Nice guy! When I told him about all the tech stuff and photo stuff I have with me he says "I just might need to get you with my daughter and see if we can get shots of all the reservable sites, supposed to have pics of them online"...and I said sure!  Heheheh!  This might turn into a longer than just summer job! BREAK MY HEART!!!!  B-)

Since I only have one site occupied today, I have decided that it is a good day to cook up a double batch of cornbread muffins, finish straightening out/up my desk and table areas, and work on the front area of Bertha where I keep all my tools and equipment!  I have most of the rest of her straight, a little cluttered at times, but give me a break...I am a "committed celibate bachelor"!!!  Heheheh! And it is so dark outside that I'm running the generator t give the batteries a good hard charging.

Oh, and I found out from one of my campers that in August (I think) of 2017 there will be a full solar eclipse...and Stanley, ID will be directly in the path of the best areas to see it. So make plans to come up here and camp with me and let's all watch the eclipse together!!!  It should be awesome!!  And maybe it will stop raining by then!!!  :-D

Can't believe it! The rain has stopped!!  LOL  For a little while, anyway. Sun trying to shine thru the haze, and I'm hoping that it will for a little while. The generator makes every thing feel like it is vibrating after a few hours!!  But looks like I might get a couple of hours of sun to help charge batteries.

As of right now I only have one campsite  occupied....one of these days this will turn into a real job...but until then....I am going to enjoy the quiet and peace!  But in the next 10 days, there are 12 reservations coming onsite, with a total of 72 folks!  School's out!! So if there are that many reservations, then the FCFS traffic will be as much or more.

That about covers this update. There is just not much happening...and enjoying it as long as it lasts!  More to come in a couple of days!  :-)

6/5/'15 - Just finished my morning rounds & have 3 campers onsite! Beautiful day! Not a cloud in the sky! It is truly amazing how peaceful it is up here. The sound of the river, the birds with their morning songs, the fog is hanging on the Mtn peaks! I truly wish everyone could take the time to sit back & look/listen to what we have had to bypass for so many years. I must admit that this life style makes the hard truth of "the tyranny of the urgent" sink in & the meaningless of that tyranny so feeble! (That's the best I can describe it for right now! )

May your day end in peace! O:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment