Be a Supporter thru PATREON!

Monday, September 2, 2013

About Time I Get Caught Up!!

I guess that it is about time that I get caught up a little on my past travels of the last month or so.  I'm in Buttonwillow, CA at the TA Truckstop for a couple of days. It is Labor Day weekend??, I think, and I don't deliver to Huron, CA until Tuesday morning. I am taking a set of what I believe are "anchor cable templates" to a solar farm outside of Huron. BIG load....almost 4,200 pounds!!  LOL  It was like running empty over here from Salt Lake City.  I took my time getting over here, and will take my time getting things done tomorrow.


I will be taking the time tomorrow to wash clothes, finish setting up/cleaning up my room. I have thinned out things and gotten rid of things that I don't use or need out here on the road to the point that I almost do have everything in a place and the floor and seats practically clear most of the time. Abbie can actually run around and play during the day while we are traveling. She is getting along real well in the truck and on the road...she has even recovered nicely from her spaying!  She was pretty pathetic the afternoon that I picked her up from the vet's office...LOL!  She was quite miserable and I think she was really surprised that I came back for her from the way that she reacted!!

But "we" are now over it and being just as rambunctious as usual...still learning that we might be a Chihuahua, but that we don't have to act like a Chihuahua!!  LOL

I was able to be off the road for my birthday anniversary and was at Tiffany's.  It was a pleasant weekend and pretty restful...and CAKE!!  ;)
And it was pretty good cake...chocolate with chocolate with chocolate!!!  Can't ask for better...never too much chocolate!

And like I keep saying,being out on the road you never know for sure each day what you will run into. Joshua had told me about the VW Synchro vans (4 wheel drive) and I have looked at videos on YouTube of them,but I had never stumbled across one on the road. Well, a few weeks ago,coming out of CA on a run, I spotted this one in a rest area where I had stopped to take a break.
This one was based upon the Westfalia camper version...a very nice setup. Andthey were obviously headed for the woods with this one.  :)

And I keep seeing pickup truck campers that make more and more sense. The one above was in Nevada headed for the mountains. It is not very tall, until you raise the roof, like a poptop camper. This one had a kitchen area, dinette, and also a SMALL bathroom in it. I am a little over this size camper...but in my younger days it would have been great!

No comments:

Post a Comment