Be a Supporter thru PATREON!

Monday, March 7, 2022

Padre Island Nat'l Seashore, TX

I would like to mention the fact that I am NOT your normal "beach person", but Padre Island Nat'l Seashore has a special place in my heart. Due to the dunes, the grass plains on the island and the history of the island!!! And the wildlife!






Made it to Padre Island Nat'l Seashore! And it is just a gorgeous as it always has been! Maybe even better right now due to the fact that Hurricane Hanna (Anna...don't remember) moved the sand dunes back about 50 yards!
 

 

 

 

So the beach is a lot wider than it had been!

In past years I was not able to drive much past the 5 Milepost...that is not a large issue now! I drove Lily all the way down to roughly the 22 mile point on the beach. Sand started to get just a bit deeper there as you can tell! So I headed back up the beach. Now, you have to know, that the drive to the seawall/channel on the Island is about 61 miles from the end of the pavement!




 

It was a grand stay for 6 days! The weather was quite good for this time of the year.The wind was not real bad and it was quite sunny! Felt great the majority of the time I was there this time. 

 

 

 


OH....and I have to say that the coyote that live on the Island are the largest I've ever seen! They rival wolves in size!

 

And...as is the case on most beaches...the sunrise/sunsets are almost always worthy of photos!!

 

 

 

 

 Most of the mornings were just so grand!







And the sunsets were just awesome!




 

 

 

 Right now I'm back in Corpus Christi at the kids place for a couple of days. There is another cold front coming, NWS is calling rain for the next 3 days. Grrrr.

I'm hoping to be back on the beach by this upcoming weekend. And I'll be in the area for a couple of weeks yet! 

Hope you are getting out to the woods or the beach or just out of the cities and hunting up Nature!! You'll never regret it!!

C'ya!!

The beach is lovely...especially when it is empty!! :-)
The grasslands run right up to the edge of the beach
There were a few folks out during the week, but not many!
The Inter-coastal Waterway runs at the back side of this picture so you can tell that the Island is not real wide...but awesome!
Just more of the grasslands....can you tell I like them?!  LOL
There were almost always clouds when the sun rose, but they were "burned" off fairly quickly most every day.
The road ahead leads to a small campground and the windsurfing area
And I will add that the sanitary dump station at Padre Island is probably one of the best that I have run into at a Nat'l Park. There are actually 4 stations that can be used, water for rinsing out the black water tank....or, as in my case, rinsing out your port-a-pot! And they have potable (drinking) water also available.
 
So I will actually end now! And leave you with this thought: If you ever have the opportunity to make it to Padre Island, during the "off season" - of touristy season - You really should take the time to try to see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment